Discharge Test : Periodical discharge test on station batteries is a mandatory requirement for users. These tests ensure reliability, better service and enhance life performance of the battery system. Battery manufacturers specify Yearly / Half Yearly / Quarterly Charge / Discharge cycle tests.
Advantages - Discharge cycle tests help the users to :
1. Check initial battery performance against manufacturers specifications.
2. Avoid deterioration of battery system due to early detection of defective cells.
3. Guarantee smooth operation of back up system during emergencies.
4. Improve overall health and life of battery system.
Discharge Resistor : Our unit is designed to perform periodic discharge tests on station batteries. The resistor unit is a robust assembly consisting of Copper-Nickel Alloy wire grid elements, supported on S.S. tie rods, insulated from each other and the enclosure with Micanite tubes, washes and ceramic formers. The unique design of elements allows rapid, natural cooling of resistor bank. Castors are provided for easy mobility.
Constant Current and Rate of Discharge : The resistor bank has adequate trimming facility (coarse and fine) to maintain a constant current against falling voltage during discharge operation. D.C. contractors / Circuit breakers or knife edge sitches are used for switching depending on clients preference. The Rate of Discharge can be accurately controlled and monitored in this system which is a distinct advantage over other conventional methods of Discharge.
Our Clients for Discharge units :
1. Tata Electric Company, Thermal Power Plant I. Mumbai.
2. Nuclear Power Corporation.(KAPP). Kakrapara.
3. Standard Batteries Lts. Testing Div. Kanjur, Mumbai.
4. I.P.C.L Nagothane.
5. Chabbi Electrical P.Ltd., Mulund, Mumbai.